transfering stuff from touch to comp

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by razor_blade29, Jan 19, 2010.

1. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok i have 4 computers but only used one for my ipod touch..... i had itunes installed only on that one computer and it had everything on it... my comp is now nolonger with me but my ipod still has all that 20 gig load on it and i wanna put it on a new computer(new itunes libary).... the problem is when i try it says:
    "The Ipod "****'s Ipod" is synced with another Itunes library. Do you want to erase this ipod and sync with this itunes library?"

the problem is i dont wanna erase everything and redownload it.. that would be one big hassle.... so i signed in with my account that i used on my previous comp and still... the same thing....

can someone plz tell me how to trasnfer my touch's apps/movies/music etc to this computers library?

i do hope its possible =[
  2. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When the message comes up tell it no and then right-click the iPod in the source tree and hit 'Transfer Purchases' Then anything you've purchased or is in the purchased playlist will be on that computer and you can sync without worry. That's why I manage music manually. Muchly easier
  3. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this wouldnt solve the problem.. only purchased stuff would go there....

i have movies there that wernt purchased from itunes and stuff... theres more movies than music on my touch(talking in terms of size) lmao.... about 12 gigs of movies.......

does anyone know another method =p? i need absolutely everything to go from my ipod to my pc/itunes library......

i made the mistake of not copying my library from my previous comp didnt i =[?
  4. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So theres no way you can use the original computer again? If you could, connect your iPod and then check 'Manually manage music'. then you can add songs from any other library, but you wont be to transfer them to your new comp. I think there's something called senuti you can use. maybe it's worth a try, though I've never used it.
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok dude, check it out. First you need a usb file browser for your ipod touch. Try Total Commander or iphone browser, i know there's others but I don't know their names. For Total commander you need the ipot plug-in to see your files. Search, its not too hard to figure out.

You're music will be in \private\var\mobile\Media\iTunes_Control\Music\

You're videos may be in there as well, I don't know. Your music is all mixed up and renamed so you will need to move it to your computer. Make a folder on your desktop, put all the F10 ect folders in there. Then make sure in iTunes options the box for letting iTunes move, rename and organize your music is checked. Add the folder from your desktop to your itunes library. Just drag it in. Wait forever while itunes renames and organizes your music.

Now, make sure your music is in the itunes library folder. Make sure the files have physically been moved and renamed. Then delete the folder you copied from your ipod.

done

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Sharepod - it's free

You'll have to download/backup everything FROM ipod TO computer with this (I don't think it does apps, but u can re-download them free if you paid for them), then just put it somewhere on the new computer, and re-add/relink it back into Itunes.