transfering song

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joeyyapp, Jan 17, 2008.

1. joeyyapp

joeyyapp New Member

sorrie guys but can i ask a dumb question, how do i transfer songs from my touch, the folder music to other folders? thanks.
  2. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to put music in playlists? just drag a song from your 'music' folder to the desired playlist in itunes. make sure it is set up to sync that playlist to your touch. if you have a song you purchased on your touch that you would like to put in a playlist, first 'transfer purchases' to itunes by right clicking on your ipod's icon and selecting the option. then use previous steps.
  3. joeyyapp

joeyyapp New Member

no i mean as in drag from my ipod out to the folder on my computer.
  4. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

you mean, for example, take a song directly off your touch and put in on your desktop? why not just do it through itunes?
  5. joeyyapp

joeyyapp New Member

i tried.. it can't work.. can i have your messenger?
  6. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

I prefer not to give out my aim name. I will help you as much as i can here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So you can't sync your touch at all?
  7. joeyyapp

joeyyapp New Member

i dont wanna, cos now whad i wanna do is move all my songs from my ipod to my comp cos its a new comp.. any way to do that?
  8. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

I believe as long as you're under your 5 syncable computer limit, you should be able to sync your touch to the other computer. Unfortunately, I dont have an extra computer to use to confirm this.
  9. joeyyapp

joeyyapp New Member

but everytime i try to sync they say they'll del everything from my ipod.. and my comp doesnt have any music..
  10. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

Seeing as i can't go through the process myself that's all i can offer in that vein. the other option would be to attempt to extract it though ftp. If your touch is jailbroken, there are mulitple threads on how to access your touch's filesystem through ftp (or even without ftp) and from there download the music files off your touch.