Transfering large files to iPod?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by oasisbackbeat, Jan 8, 2008.

1. oasisbackbeat

oasisbackbeat New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    I've been researching a lot, but couldnt find a good answer on how to do this...I would like to copy very large files into my iPod to later transfer them to my computer...same deal as if it was a flash, the thing is that i thought i could do it by SSH it, but everytime i try something bigger than 100 mb, it sends me an error saying that I do not have enough space. I know i do, and that shouldnt be the problem, so I tried putting the file into different folders...but Nothing...still the same answer.

So, any of you smart friends, could help me with this issue??? Also, I read something about speeding up the file transfer...but still cant figure it out...OH and by the way I have a Mac. I know there is a thread for this but only for Windows...

Thank you all,
  2. derKenny

derKenny New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    have u tried to copy it into var/root/ ???

i tried to copy scummvm games in another directory and i have also that error message!
    but someone in the scummvm board says u must copy it into /var/root/ but dunnow if it works with files larger then 100mb, never done that.
    but try that option, maybe it helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Dec 15, 2007
    I answered in your other topic. Try not to make multiple threads of the same post.