Transfering games from iPod to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phiyuku, Jul 3, 2009.

1. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

Before I had only an iPod and I played on that but because of everyone wanting the new 3GS including one of my friends, I got a 3G off of him. Now is there anyway to transfer game/app saves from your iPod over to the iPhone.
  2. viper3885

viper3885 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    As long as you originally purchased the games/apps on the itunes account that you're using for your iphone. You can redownload them on the iphone for free. That's what I did when I upgraded from my 2g touch to my 3gs.

As for saves, I don't know if there's anyway to transfer those over. Though I would love to know also, as spent quite a few hours with the sims 3 on my ipod.
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would imagine if both were jailbroken you could.
    I know on the old nes/snes/genesis etc emulators for the ipod/phone, your savestates were saved to a separate file in the roms folder that you can access via SSH.

Now, these games aren't the old emulators, but one of two things is possible:
    1. The save file is embedded in the game code and not a separate file, which means quit reading this post and start playing because you have some catching up to do
    2. The game saves the data to a separate file, which you might be able to access via SSH on your old ipod and copy it to your computer, then upload it to the iPhone.
    Again though, I think you'd need to have SSH and thus a jailbreak to try it