Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Transfer someone else's apps to my Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Eixyl, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Eixyl

Eixyl New Member

What I mean is me and my brother got the new ipod touch for x-mas except he got $25 gift voucher and he can buy apps and I can't so anyway is there a way where I can like transfer his apps to my pc and i can put them on my Ipod Touch. He has a seperate PC to me also. So we both have two Ipod Touches working off seperate PC's
    Basically can I put his paid apps onto my ipod aswell as his ipod?
    Thanks
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

u have to use the same account, just connect his ipod to ur computer, tranfer purchases, and then sync urs
  3. Eixyl

Eixyl New Member

sorry for being such a dumbass with the Ipod and all that but how do I transfer his purchases wouldnt that just sync his ipod with my pc therefore deleting everything on his ipod?
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think apps work the same as music.....you have to "authorize" your computer with his account - and up to 5 can be authorized at a time.

So on his iTunes, open up the apps, right click one of them and choose "Show in windows explorer" this will show you the folder with all of the apps. Now just select all or the ones you want, right click choose copy, now plug in a flash drive, hard drive, etc and open it. now paste them onto it. now plug that drive into your computer and do it in reverse. now copy and paste those IPA's from your flash drive or disk into your iTunes library. It should then ask for his password. Have him put it in. Now sync your iPod and they should install!

Hope that helps!
    -Scott
  5. Eixyl

Eixyl New Member

Thanks very much for the help Scott but when I try syncing my Ipod with the apps all that comes up is 'You are unauthorized for it on this computer' there isn't anywhere to enter a password I did everything I copied the files to a flash drive and pasted them n all that but yeah just that error comes up 'You are unauthorized for it on this computer' when I try syncing the apps on to my Ipod Touch
    Thanks for your help so far Scott.
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is how you do game trading. :rolleyes: Not completely illegal and saves money too.
  7. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, this may sound dumb but it may work.

I know it will ask fr the password if you copy/paste someones music and when you go to click on it to play it, it will then prompt for the password.

So hopefully he has boughten at least one song, video, movie, etc from the iTunes store and then copy that over and play it. Put in his password and it will "authorize" your computer. Now when you add the apps, they should already be "authorized" and should work.
  8. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    An easier way is to just log into your brother's account, then go to the App Store on your Touch and buy the games again. It should say that you have already purchased the game and you can get it again for free. You don't have to transfer purchases or authorize any accounts. At least I don't think you do.
  9. neonbright

neonbright New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Or like I did to my father-in-laws iPod Touch. I sync his ipod to my cp and added the apps I wanted to his touch. It worked for me and I didn't know it would work.
  10. Eixyl

Eixyl New Member

Thanks everyone for your answers Im gonna see if they work now!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey thanks -Kerrigan- it worked for me what you said thank you very much