Transfer music from Ipod touch to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jwlk, Mar 22, 2010.

1. jwlk

jwlk New Member

Hello, i have an ipod second generation, and i need to know how to transfer my library from that to my mac book.

The original library is on my pc, which now that i have a mac, i don't use it anymore, mainly because it is a hassle to turn on and the fans are really loud :/. anyway, i have alot of music on there, and there is a lot of music that is not mine *like my mom asked me to put a cd for her etc...* so i want to know if there is some way to just transfer the songs i want from my ipod to my mac, so i don't have to use my pc anymore.

I didn't get my songs from itunes, in case thats helpful

Thanks,
    Jwlk
  2. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To copy music and videos
    SSH onto you ipod or use a usb program called diskaid

go to
    var\mobile\Media\iTunes_Control/ and copy the "Music" folder to a convenient location your computer. all your music, and video content is there with all the artworks and lyrics etc.

then open up itunes go to file, then add file to library, from which you will select the ,music folder you just copied from your ipod, and itunes will automatically restore all your media to the itunes library
  4. Slent_33

Slent_33 New Member

...or another easy way (as mentioned by aced6 ) would be using TuneAid (works with Mac and PC with a single license ;-)