Transfer movies to Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pawned22, Jul 20, 2009.

1. pawned22

pawned22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey all as I'm sure you know AVI files are not supported by itunes or the standard ipod touch movie player, however there are some cydia apps available that let you play avi files on your ipod touch.

So my question comes up. I have a few AVI movies saved onto my computer that i would like to transfer to my ipod touch to watch and the only way that i know to do that is through SSH. I was really hoping there were other options for transferring the AVI file as SSH transfer takes a ridiculous amount of time for a file that size(or at least it did for me, is there a way to speed it up?)

If anyone could point me to a program for the PC that ?enables disk use? on the ipod touch as apple has removed it even though every other ipod has it or just allows you to transfer unsupported file types to it anyway.

*I would like to avoid converting the file as that takes longer, but if there is no other way....*
  2. iTouch_You

iTouch_You New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. pawned22

pawned22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow thanks for the quick response!! ifunbox looks promising I'm going to try it out now!

EDIT: wow this program is great, if I'm not mistaken it could be used as a direct replacement of SSH for all tasks as it allows access to the full file system. Thanks again!!