transfer files....lost

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by doddares, Mar 25, 2009.

1. doddares

doddares New Member

Ive jailbroken my ipod 2nd gen. OS windows XP

Im looking to transfer files between computer and itouch.
    Essentially i want to store some pdf files on my itouch open them and view them whenever i want.
    I havent been able to do this.

Ive tried discover,air sharing, file viewer.
    Ive managed to see the file on my itouch with these programmes but whenever i try to access it and open it up my itouch loads for ages and then just restarts ??? Maybe this file is too big 30 mb or so......so what is the best way to store view pdf files on the itouch or probably in the future other types of files i may need. Are big files not possible at all ??

I wanted to try a programme called briefcase but the setup procedure is too complicated for me.

Ok ive also tried the jailbreak way install filezilla or Winscp, install openssh in itouch but then what ??? No one on youtube explains what to do after you've done this ??? For example ive open and setup winscp moved the file i want from local computer to remote but then how the hell do i find it on my itouch...do i need install a certain programme ???

I even read here a method with total commander and t-pot. Ok fine i can see my remote itouch on my computer and i can move files into the itouch on my computer but would someone please explain to me then how do i access or view them on my itouch !!!

Well i hope someone can help jailbroken or unjailbroken method.....i just wanna read without carrying books !!

Cheers
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    the best way i find is to just email them to your self, you can view them in the mail app
  3. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

My God 30MB? What are they? It may just be too large for it.

Plz correct me if I am wrong and it is supposed to be capable of it.
  4. doddares

doddares New Member

Cheers for the replies.
    Just to let you know i think they were too large but i found a pdf viewer capable of reading the big boys.
    FELAUR PDF READER.....now to find a prograame to read the big ppt presentations. jlocalled I got some in the 90 mb range. Pictures of teeth and mouths..dental stuff