transfer files between devices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Harry Goldfarb, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    my mom just got an ipod touch 8g she had and iPod nano video previously, she has more music than either device can handle. She of cource to complicate things hadnt made a playlist of all her music and doesnt want to hand go through everysong on her ipod nano and manually put it into her new one. So my question is is there someway to use a backup from the nano on the ipod touch so that it put all the songs and playlists as they are back on
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You should just be able to sync the Touch to the same computer as you sync the Nano to. That will put all the same music on it. Is there some reason you can't do this?
  3. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i can do that but there is soo much music on that computer she cant just sync she has to choose the songs artists albums individually
  4. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

You can try with wifi connection or diskaid?
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You don't have to choose them individually. When the iPod is connected to iTunes, click on it in the devices section then choose the Music tab. Choose "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" and then select "Automatically fill free space with songs" and choose "Apply."
  6. blub

blub New Member

If you're using Windows, try jPod from http://www.getjpod.com. It has the ability to transfer selected songs (or all songs, whatever) from one iPod to another.