Transfer Cydia Apps to other device

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Achisto, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Achisto

Achisto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I needed to send in my iPod Touch to Apple for some reason and had a lot of Cydia Apps on it. My question now is what I have to do if I'd get a new device from Apple. Is there any possibility to transfer your bought Apps - or better - to say Cydia, the iPod has changed and this iPod is the new one.
    Thx for your help!
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh man xD If you send a Jailbroken Device to Apple, they cancell your Warranty and send your old device back, resettet to the newest firmware ... lol...
    You ain't getting a new one if you send a jailbroken device in XD
  3. Achisto

Achisto Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you really think I wouldn't know that? That sin't the first time I have my device to send in to Apple, the first time I had Cydia on it and some free Apps, I didn't buy anything until this time, but now there are lots on it.
    I all the time reset my device to a complete new and clean iOS so Apple can't see it has been Jailbroken. So much to this topic! I know the procedure Apple takes for Jailbroken devices!!
    Looking forward to some helpfull posts!
  4. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think your app purchases are linked to the paypal account you have for cydia, not the device. I could be wrong.

Secondly (yeah blahblah not helpful etc I'll say it anyways) alot of people just restore and set it to apple. They can still see you've jailbroken. You need to restore to factory settings to keep your warranty intact.