Transfer Comics For Use With ComicZeal Without Wifi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zawada, Jan 6, 2009.

1. zawada

zawada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, i just bought a new ipod touch, and i also bought comiczeal from the appstore. I thought it would be pretty cool to use it for a mobile comic reader at work and such. The problem i have is that i do not have wifi. Is there anyway to transfer my comic books to the ipod touch? I tried using ifunbox, but i have no clue where to put the cdi files....Any help?

Thanks alot.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get iComic (heaps better in my view) and then transfer comics using iFunBox vis USB cable to the var/mobile/Media/Photos/iComic folder (note you will have to create the iComic folder using iFunBox and 'iComic' is case sensitive). More details on iComic in the link in my sig.

To my knowledgehe only way to get comics on ComicZeal is via the WiFi based server transfer function built into ComicZeal...
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    use discover. Transfer the PDF to your iPod with the use of diskaid or touchcopy. Your done. :)
  4. zawada

zawada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got it, thanks alot guys. Work went by damn fast today :)
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How did you do it? I'm interested to know. Thanks
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Discover is an app that can be used as Ftp so you can access your touch if you have wifi etc etc. While diskaid or touchcopy is an app whch allows you to browse, copy and paste files in you iPod via USB cable. With that, make a folder in your iPod using discover, plug your iPod in the computer and run diskaid or touchcopy. They automatically detects your iPod when it's plugged in the computer. Browse for the folder you've made in your iPod. Simply copy the PDF file in your computer and paste it. It's very simple.
    To view the PDF: open discover, then open your created folder. Find the PDF file and your done.
  7. potterz7

potterz7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    can u guide me step by step??

sorry but im not really familiar with the whole system yet..
    i've downloaded discover, then i got diskaid...
    how to sync the .cbi file to my comiczeal??

million thanx
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ah, never mind, it works okay with icomic..im gonna use that instead of comiczeal
    oh, but if anyone can tell me bout the directory of comiczeal, i would like to know...thx