transfer 3G to laptop?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by tornbacchus, Apr 27, 2009.

1. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

i dont know if its possible at all, but i always wanted to be able to do this.

i have 3G on my 3G iphone, paying 50+ month. i also have a laptop, but dont feel like buying a 3G stick for it.

so is it possible to make an app, program etc to transfer 3G to your laptop, so your laptop would be running off of 3G from your iphone? some possible ways would be to transfer the 3G right over to the computer, but what im thinking is if you say type in google.ca on your iphone, it would come up on your computer safari browser., being powered by 3G, just transfering the info over usb (possibly) or if theres any other way.

i would use this if i was in the car, or at school, where theres no router etc. i dont even think its possible, but we would need a program on the iphone and on our computer to transfer the info over.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It's possible, and has been done! It's called tethering (not to be confused with tethered jailbreak). Gizmodo has a post about it here. Hope it goes well.
  3. jek

jek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Get PdaNet from cydia and then download the desktop client. Its called tethering. Just don't use over 2-3GB per month, as AT&T might wonder.