Trading in new ipod 3g for 4g.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Justv, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Justv

Justv Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I bought my 3g ipod about a month ago, and I wanna return it for the 4g one. Since, I bought it from Costco(who has 90 day return policy) would I be able to return my 3g back to the store and exchange it for a 4g? I could say to them I am having overheating problems(I am) and so could they give me a new 4g version or would they only give me another 3g?
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I really wish people would take thew time to visit the stores website for a copy of the return policy.

Costco;s return policy says:

so technically since its only been a month You don't really need to lie. I don't think they have any third gens in stock.
  3. Justv

Justv Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Umm, maybe I will pay visit to my Costco.

Nice MIB quote, btw, lol.
  4. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah that would me the best bet. Just call them up instead wasting a trip (unless you are hungry or need a few things from there)

and thanks.
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My dad returned a 30GB iPod (video) well after the classics came out.. he got full price ($300) without a receipt. yeah.
  6. Master_Blaster

Master_Blaster Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it is within 90 days they will give cash, credit card credit back or gift card depending on how you paid for it. They at Cosco do check the serial nimber though so it has to be the one you actually bought there. Just get your $$$ back and go back to buy a new one when they have them on stock. It is pretty much a no questions asked return policy there.
  7. Justv

Justv Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea it would be easy except that when I bought my 32gb 3g I paid $257 for it. The 4g of the same kind is $279. That's the big issue, if they would just replace it no questions, or charge me 20 bucks more for the 4g.
  8. Insignia

Insignia New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should have no problem at all returning it. No excuses needed at all. Costco has a very relaxed and friendly return system. I would know this as i work at Costco

Please Register or Log in to view images