TPU case not fitting quite right? Here's a tip.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by streambeam, Sep 26, 2010.

1. streambeam

streambeam New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ONLY WORKS ON TPU CASES, NOT SILICONE.

I got my ipt4g yesterday, and it is perfect. I had already bought two cases, one silicone frosted white color (absolutely horrid!) and a crystal clear tpu case to show off the unique skins I bought. Well the damn thing would not fit, so here's what I did.

1. Take a sauce pan or small pot and fill about half way with water.
    2. Bring water to a boil and TURN OFF.
    3. Pop in TPU case and swish around for 2-3 minutes, making sure not to let it sit on bottom of pan.
    4. Remove case, it will be VERY HOT!
    5. DRY OFF QUICKLY and put on ipod.
    6. Press and mold it, and let cool.

It should fit perfectly. Bon Appetit!

Caution: My tpu case was clear, not sure what will happen to colored or printed tpu cases. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION.
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you have pictures?
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    what exactly would a picture show?
  4. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It'd make the thread more entertaining. We might get to witness him accidentally melting his case.
  5. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That it didn't shrink it, enlarge it, or melt it. I would want to see proof before doing this... there are some trolls out there who would falsely claim something in order to break someones property.
  6. streambeam

streambeam New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I understand why your so skiddish about my post. I also have seen the previous posts with people claiming stuff that just didnt happen. But if I wanted someone to ruin their cases, i would have not mentioned turning off the fire, or the case being hot, or not letting it sit on the bottom, or not using silicone cases. But I think my post has plenty of cautionary statements, that people will realize I'm not playing around.

As for pictures. Im sorry I didnt take any, as I was scared sh*tless that I might melt my case, and hard earned money into oblivion. Thanxs.
  7. accordion

accordion New Member

so what exact problem did this fix?

Whether the case was originally too big, too small, the wrong shape, inflexible, etc. is very important to whether this method can actually help anyone.

If your case was too tight, and the heating loosened it up would be of no use to someone who has a tpu case which is too loose for example.
    [Mine is slightly too loose on the width, i just placed a thin strip of paper into the edge and now it fits perfectly]
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    people afraid to do the whole boiling thing can also try using a blow dryer on the highest setting to soften the case and then shaping it (careful not to burn yourself, though)
  9. streambeam

streambeam New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well my case was to small so it wouldnt fit over the sides. heating it ( not boiling it ) in very hot water, loosened it up. But as far as cases that are to loose...No clue. If I find something, I'll be sure to post something, or maybe next time I'll just keep my tips to myself. Thanxs.
  10. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Noo, sorry if I was coming off as skiddish. I just meant to ask if you had pictures lol. I believe you though.