Toy Bot Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by shigamado, Aug 13, 2008.

1. shigamado

shigamado New Member

This game may very well be iPhone/ iPod touch's first platformer. The best way to describe this game is "Bionic Mario". You're in control of a cute little robot that you move left or right by tilting in that direction. To get around you have a magnetic grappling hook that you can attach to any metal surface by touching it. You can then pull the robot up or swing onto a new platform by tilting left and right. You also have magnets on your feet to help you grab coins to help pass doors, or walk on metal surfaces.

The game is a lot of fun and the physics are good. It takes awhile to get used to the controls, but not too long. At $3.99, you can't go wrong with trying out this game. 4/5

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Dave C

Dave C New Member

How long is this game? I've read somewhere they were making this into multiple "episodes" and there's only like 4 levels.
    Is this true, and if so, how did it take to complete the 4 levels?
    If it's $3.99 for only about 20 minutes of fun......
  3. epnfatbdy

epnfatbdy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  4. mattjb

mattjb New Member

You can see some screenshots I've taken, along with HD video, in my review of the game.

I really enjoyed the game, it really feels at home on the iPhone/iPod Touch. It's a really polished game, and for the price I didn't feel like it was too short or anything, it's just right. My neighbor's daughter also really enjoyed the game, and she has a DS she swears by. I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode.
  5. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Using a robot as a main character was a great idea, as the little guy reminds me a lot of Wall-E.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. fattoto25

fattoto25 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    this game is annoying... fricken hard... but nice music i guess.... but it keeps repeating like this 10 second thing.......
  7. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This game looks pretty cool...