Touchpad Pro = Biggest Scam Ever?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by psychofish25, May 25, 2008.

1. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

I was perusing on my iPod today and came across an app called Touchpad Pro. However, while trying to use it, I found that in order to see your computer screen via VNC, you need to activate the software aka pay for it. This isn't the first time us IpoTers have seen apps that cost money and quite frankly, I don't want to put up with it. What does Touchpad have that VNsea can't deliver? I have used VNsea for quite a while to link to my Ubuntu VNC Server and I have not come across any problems. If there is anything that Touchpad has that would require someone to pay for it, please tell me. I am greatly involved in the Ubuntu community, so I am used to helping to develop free software that is just as good as the software you would pay for. I was involved with the GIMP project, as well as some Blender development. Nothing major, but a little. So if someone could please tell me what this oracle of an app has that I need to pay money for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Open Source ftw
  2. naka

naka New Member

I just went to download Touchpad for the first time, but now i see two threads talking about this money paying crap. Does anybody still have the older version, if it's any good?
  3. plokiju

plokiju New Member

caterpillar is a bigger scam. You have to pay every month
  4. Willberto

Willberto New Member

Touchpad IMHO is worth it. It's much easier to use than VNsea.

And yes, Caqterpillar/Kate is much worse. It's more expensive unless you only have a month to live and is a poorly coded app that causes problems on your iPod.
  5. vonido

vonido New Member

15$isn't much and its totaly worth it. much more good looking than vnsea easier to use i just love it.(and now i have enabled so that i can control my comp for where ever i am in the world! ^^
  6. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey every1, *dont* go to this site: [LINK DELETED] because it *doesnt* give u the cracked version of touchpad pro
  7. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

*dont* listen to him it *doesnt* work
  8. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

*LOL* You can search on the google thing anyway to find the link...(That *doesn't* work!)
  9. shithead

shithead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well,..

I can say the TouchPad Pro 4.2 has been cracked ...
    So search around the forum and PM someone who has more info about TPP with Screenview

It's a great app ;-)

Wish you luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

About the anywhere in the world thing, I made a thread about doing that using Port Forwarding, you can also do that with VNsea. How is it easier to use? I haven't found VNsea to be hard one bit.