Touchfree JB (1.1.2) and iTunes 7.6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by yetanothername, Jan 15, 2008.

1. yetanothername

yetanothername New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently upgraded to iTunes 7.6 and I decided I should upgrade and rejailbreak to 1.1.2 as well. However when I follow the instructions (here), I install Oktoprep, Shift-click to select my 1.1.2, and then use the Touchfree file.

However, at the end, an error message comes up with a "tmp33005.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" This comes up about 4-5 times, then the "Done, ipod rebooting several times" message comes up. But it is stuck in Restore mode and I need to Restore back down to 1.1.1.

Could this be because I upgraded iTunes to 7.6?
  2. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you remember to turn off all iPod, iTunes or any other Apple softwear before you did the 1.1.2 JB?
    If not try that...
  3. pantherzfinest

pantherzfinest New Member

i think it is becase u upgraded to itunes7.6 because my boy tried jailbreaking his iphone wit v7.5 and he had problems. i had to find him v7.4.
  4. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

i have iTunes 7.6 and have no problems...maybe you need to turn off auto update on the iPod preferences, it might be automatically updating to 1.1.3 which you cant jailbreak
  5. jon01

jon01 New Member

i had the same problem. itunes auto update is now to version 1.1.3. just google 1.1.2 download and you'll find it. make sure its the IPOD fw and not the iphone, i didnt think to check and ended up having to restore.

- Jon
  6. cameron

cameron New Member

I have itunes 7.6 now and i am running 1.1.2 jailbreak and it has not auto updated to 1.1.3 thank god. So it is running as normal. Is there anyway to go back to itunes 7.5!?!? Or when the new jail break comes up does the itunes version matter?
    Or is there no point downgrading if it is working fine?