Touches on Sale After XMas???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Baldie, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Baldie

Baldie New Member

I was wondering if I should just wait till the day after christmas before purchasing one...maybe circuit city or best buys could have them on sale...you think? I was probably going to just go with the 16gb and save $100 over the 32gb. I'll just have to cycle my music/movies more often than I did with my 30gb video.
  2. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    bestbuy has the first gens on sale right now. 229 for a 16gb first gen and like 329 for a 32gb first gen So you could get a 32gb for 30 more dollars then a 16gb 2nd gen.
  3. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

I don't think so. Apple knows they are going to sale enough iPods as is anyway.
  4. joorowned

joorowned New Member

I highly doubt they will be on sale, Ipod Touch 2g that is, because they are fairly new. Thought u can find plenty of places where they sell for "less" rather than be on sale. Try some coupons! I got my Ipod touch 2nd gen 16 gb for $270 since my friend worked at walmart, but im pretty sure u can find something better.
  5. Hawk805

Hawk805 New Member

the best deal was last week at bestbuy

they were giving a 50 dollar gift card when you bought one

theyre on sale at circuit city right now for 224.99.... LOL
  6. Baldie

Baldie New Member

The 32gb at BestBuy are $379.....16gb are $229. I really want the 32gb but I'll save $100 by going 16gb.

So the speaker in 2g really isn't worth it?
  7. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Speaker is not the best quality but it does work. U dont want to use it to actually listen to songs but it isnt that bad to be honest. Plus if u have a hearing defect, its the perfect speaker! Haha. All in all, 2g beats 1g anyday.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

From what I've heard, there aren't any big sales that have been announced. You could buy one after Christmas if you have some money saved up. If you don't mind, the 1st Gens will be much cheaper than the 2g's, but you won't get the new design, internal speaker, volume switch, etc. It really depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
  9. Baldie

Baldie New Member

Well I contacted someone off craigslist who has a brand-new sealed 16gb 1G who's going to sell it to me this afternoon below cost. I figure I better grab it to save myself some money. I was just wondering if spending the extra $100 is worth it for the speaker, volume controls, and new design?

Wait....the 1G does have volume control right? Just not an external controL?
  10. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    omfg i spent 329 on a first gen 8gb when they came out omfg noooooooooooooo