Touch won't switch from album view to list view

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTorres, Nov 27, 2007.

1. iTorres

iTorres New Member

Hi All,

EDIT: Problem solved as described in second edit at end of this post

I've searched around the site and haven't seen anyone reporting or discussing this so far, so any help which can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

When I was using my Touch (8Gb, not jailbroken) last night, I noticed that irrespective of which track I selected, when the display was in album cover mode, I could not get it to display the "white on black" track listing for the remainder of the album; and again, irrespective of track/album, it will not go into cover flow mode for love nor money. In fact, sometimes when selecting a track from the "black on white" list mode, when the view changes to album art mode for that track there is a lot of what I can only describe as juddering of the album art until it settles.

The problem appears to be entirely visual, i.e. it does not prevent me from listening to any of the tracks; however, something is awry and that is enough for me to want to get to the bottom of it! I have tried removing all music, videos and photos from the ipod and putting back two tracks from different albums to see if there was some dodgy album art causing this, but it has not helped.

I should also point out that Safari can still be put into widescreen mode by turning the ipod on its side and that photos will also rotate as expected...

I'm assuming the next thing to try is a restore, unless anyone can suggest anything better?

Many thanks for reading this !

EDIT: Sorry all, it turned out that doing the following corrected this...

If iPod touch won’t turn on, or if the display freezes or doesn’t respond
    Â iPod touch may need charging. See “Charging the Battery” on page 20.
    Â Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you
    were using quits.
    Â If that doesn’t work, turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the
    Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears,
    and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple
    logo appears.
    Â If that doesn’t work, reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button
    and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Apologies for not doing the bleeding obvious in the first place!