Touch will not turn on or be recognized in Windows.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaguar8311, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jaguar8311

jaguar8311 New Member

I searched the forums and I always get one or the other but this time, My Touch will not turn on or it won't recognize in windows.

I jaibroke my ipod successfully, I go to my Itunes and I stupidly do not read the screen and I hit the "restore from backup option". I let it go because I did not want it to brick if I cancelled it mid-way. To my horror, after the restoration of the backup, I could not turn back the device on, so I connected it to my computer and Windows did not even recognize it!

I went to my drivers management and it says "unknown device" so I figured that the apple thing was f'ed up, so I uninstall Itunes and all the stuff that came with it, I reinstall it and The Ipod still goes undectected in both windows and Itunes.

Is there a driver out there, it seems its all bundled with itunes? Why won't my device turn on, I looked around the forums and I tried the home/power button combinations to reset it and it still will not work. Will not even get to the white apple area, just stays pitch black.

Thank you
  2. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried accessing DFU mode?
  3. XxCitizen_soldierxX

XxCitizen_soldierxX New Member

had same problem but i couldnt get it to jb acidently got it bricked unplugged it while booting up after restore had to use warranty to get a new one
  4. jaguar8311

jaguar8311 New Member

I tried DFU mode at first, did not work, but after like 4343 Itunes reinstalls and DFU each time, it finally worked, now I am just reloading 2.21 firmware on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the reminder, jailbreaking again
  5. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

Dudes, I had the exact same problem when I had jailbroken mine. The solution is very easy.

Don't follow many of the other DFU methods out there because they will not work. Do this instead:

Plug it in, hold both buttons for 10 seconds (count out loud and slow or use a watch) then release the power button and still hold the Home button for another 7 seconds. Wait and it should be recognized by iTunes, then just run the boot up code or use my program:

Download TouchPwn2.0 at: www.drop.io/touchpwn
  6. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um isn't holding both buttons for 10 seconds and releasing for another 7 seconds putting it in dfu mode...
  7. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

Yeah but i found it was the only method that actually works to put it in DFU mode.