touch will not restore to ANY firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by skaught, Feb 5, 2008.

1. skaught

skaught New Member

after messing up my first attempt at 1.1.3 jailbreaking, i got myself to some version of 1.1.3 but i want to get back to 1.1.1 to start it all over. the only problem is that my itunes gives me an error no matter what firmware i try and use. 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 or even 1.1.3. it will show "Preparing iPod for restore..." and my iPod shows the white Aple logo with the spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen but then i get "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)." Any help out there?
  2. Plastig

Plastig New Member

I had the same problem before, easily solved though, just re-do the restoring process on another computer and it should work fine.

I did it on my laptop with no problems what so ever, after I got the "1604" error in itunes on my other computer.
  3. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    that kept happing with me so i called apple and the guy said turn you ipod off if you can (if you cant well then hold the sleep/wake and home button until the screen goes of) and the clost itunes and hold the home button of ur touch and then plug it in to the computer
  4. touchthisipod

touchthisipod New Member

downgrade 1.1.3

ok first download this file........attach, run iphuc.exe, then type exacly the same:
    enterrecovery

filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu

cmd go

look for CAPS, then when is done, let it reboot, you may have 1.1.1 restore file so now, you're able to restore, to 1.1.1, look, when you go to 1.1.2 after you have OKTOPREP, you have to sh*t-clik UPDATE in itunes, and chose the 1.1.2 restore file, and etc................

Attached Files: