Touch & Water & Warranty Question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iChris, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iChris

iChris New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HI all, I have a question. I was shaving the other day and listening to my itouch that was sitting on the tissue box holder and I went to adjust the volume and it fell off and into the sink full of water. It was only submerged for about 3 seconds as I grabbed it out in horror. It was plugged into a cyanics case that has the swivel speaker built right in it. I think thats the only thing that saved the water sensor from NOT being activated, being the jack was plugged in preventing water from entering the port. However it appears to be dead from other possible inside damage. Heres my question... I have a PSP (Product service plan) from Best Buy. If I take it in there and show them and act dumb to what really happened, what are my chances that they will just do a swap if I say the battery must've just died? I understand that the first thing they do is look at the sensor. My sensor is white and it has the thin strip of color on the top that looks like it may be the activator I hear about, but it is clearly white below that. Any input would greatly be appreciated. It is a first gen touch and would rather wait to swap out with a 3rd gen whenever they come out this summer.
  2. iChris

iChris New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Anybody???
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thread closed.
Thread Status: