Touch TV + Touch Theatre. A new way to watch videos on your Touch. Absolutely free.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aaquib, Jun 24, 2008.

1. aaquib

aaquib Banned

Touch TV + Touch Cinema. Coming Soon.​

What is it?

Safari on the iPod Touch and iPhone is great, but it doesn't incorporate the popular flash video player. So, that means we can't watch video content from the web on our Touch's. No video content sites have embraced the Touch either, so basically we're stuck with having to use our PC everytime we want to catch an episode of Fresh Prince, or watch some Superbad. I got tired of this, so I'm inventing a new way to watch video content on the iPod Touch and iPhone. I'm calling it Touch TV, and to accompany it, Touch Theatre. They are both absolutely free. Free of charge, and free of ads.

How Does It Work?

Basically, I plan to upload thousands of popular TV shows and movies. They will all be encoded in the iPhone/iPod Touch .h264 codec, so it'll all be viewable on these devices and look great. Simply surf over to the website, which will soon be announced, and take a look at the most viewed, recently added, and top rated content. In addition, you'll be able to search for any content on the site. Movies and TV Shows will be added quickly over the next several weeks, and there'll be a suggestion box, where you are able to recommend and request content for the site. All content is on demand and always available.

The Bigger Picture.

Not only will you find an a vast variety of content, but there will in addition to that, be a full fledged news site concerning everything Apple. Mac's, iPod's and iPhone's news will be listed here. The goal is to not only provide the best online video content for the iPod Touch and iPhone, but it's to provide Apple fans with a central hub at their fingertips to do anything they please. Whether it's to access a wide variety of video, get the latest Apple news, or even to read an Apple magazine(Macworld, Touch Magazine), we want to have a central location where it is all possible.

It's Absolutely Free.

I'm not big on having to pay for digital content online. What's the catch then? There is no catch. I'm not big on having annoying ads on a site either, so consider those non existent. The goal is to provide every single viewer free access to everything the site has to offer. But, this site costs a lot to run. The scope of content I'm envisioning is over 200GB within the first month of service, and will only expand during the coming days. How can I afford this? I'm going to be investing a lot of my own money into the site, but please help contribute to the growth and continuation of the site. Please donate to the Paypal address: aaquib.n@gmail.com. They are much appreciated and will only better the site for you. Those who donate $3 or more will be invited to a private beta starting next week, prior to the full release.

The Rollout Plan + 30 Person Beta.

These services are currently in a very closed, private beta with limited content. Here is a time line for the full rollout:

Early July/Next Week: Public beta - An exclusive, private beta with a limit of 30 people will begin. How do you get in? Those who donate just $3 or more will receive an invitation to an early beta release next week. Once the 30 person limit is reached, I will have to put a hold on the # of new beta testers for a few days. It'll feature a large amount of content, and give you a good overview of the interface. During this time, I also want to get dozens of suggestions for content that YOU would like to see uploaded, in addition to improvement and enhancements you'd like to see. I'm planning to keep the beta going for quite a while.

Open beta - After a couple of weeks, I would like to launch an "open beta", giving all donators an opportunity to check out the site, give suggestions and feedback, and see them incorporated in real time to the site. The content, the interface, the functionality, and the services are truly going to be powered by you. The open beta will constantly be updated daily with new TV shows, new movies, and new content.

Coming Soon.

Touch TV + Touch Theatre betas will be releasing soon, so to get in, simply donate over $3 to: aaquib.n@gmail.com. The complete, open beta will release a couple of weeks later which will allow all donators(past and future) to participate in an open beta. Once the community feels that it is ready for showtime, releasing will be the full version, free of charge to all users.

That is Touch TV and Touch Theatre, and that is my plan for the future of our iPod Touch media solution. Please leave any questions/comments below.
  2. steeped

steeped New Member

Don't drop the soap.
  3. element_skater_dude

element_skater_dude New Member

Sounds pretty cool, can't wait till everythings up and running!
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    How are you going to do this without getting into trouble w/ the law?

Please Register or Log in to view images

A few other people have done stuff like this but have been shut down.
    Another question, for those who can't donate, how could we help the site?
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sounds cool.

Make it free, or at least parts of it. More people will use it.

Possibly a "Members Area" with better videos?

Members- Pay $$
    Non-Members- Free, but less content.
  6. aaquib

aaquib Banned

Firstly, in Canada, P2P is completely legal- as of NOW. Second, a lot of the content are my own DVD rips converted through Quicktime. Lastly, if there are any suggestions for the content you'd like to see on the site, feel free to PM me at anytime requesting it. Plus, I'm trying really hard to get as many people as possible(even non donators) included as soon as possible.

It is free. At least the final version will be. I don't want any "premium" members. The charge is only for people who want to donate to the site and be a part of the beta at the same time. Everybody should get access to all content available, despite having paid or not.

7. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Dude thats freakin awesome.

I LOVE YOU!!

(no homo

)
  8. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sounds great, I can't wait

Quick fix your double post, I don't wanna see you get temporarily banned!
  9. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

Here comes a double posting infraction. And just so I don't get an off-topic infraction, this does really sound like a great idea as long as it stays legal and isn't shut down. I'll be sure to donate if I have some extra change.
  10. steeped

steeped New Member

He will get into trouble with the law - ppl get arrested for that kinda sh*t, hence my "don't drop the soap" reference.

P2P and hosting movies in Canada is ILLEGAL although not reinforced towards the people who download, but it is reinforced to people who host the illegal content.