Touch to Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Launch Pad, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Launch Pad

Launch Pad New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dear experts,
    Sorry if this is old hat, Im a new user / parent of user trying to workout a few issues with two touch's.
    OK we have two 32GB touch's (3.1.2) for xmas , and all is well, obviously want to play some multiplayer apps, since we have two machines.
    Downloaded a few, and noticed many refer to bluetooth multiplayer functions.
    I assume therefore I should be able to play multiplayer games between the two machines using bluetooth ??.
    So I enable bluetooth on both machines via the settings - general - bluetooth on - location services on, and they never see each other.....
    Am I missing something ?. (machines are not jailbroken - dont know if this will make a difference) - but the apps were taken off itunes so Id have thought this was not necessary.
    I have managed to get some games working with my home wifi (but not all...e.g. battleship would not recognise anything..).
    Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong...
    maybe its not possible ? if this is the case, even knowing would help and save me pulling my hair out and endless surfing the web for answers.
    any advice appreciated.

Cheers
    Launch Pad...
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'm not actually very familiar with bluetooth multiplayer seeing as I have an iPod without bluetooth, but you may want to try contacting the developers of these games.
  3. myfavthing

myfavthing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My son and I do this, and didn't have any trouble.

In case you haven't already figured it out go to:
    Setting/General/bluetooth
    You turn it on, on both devices at the same time and LEAVE IT ON THAT SCREEN. It will say "Now Discoverable" in gray at the bottom.

As it finds the device you can touch its name to connect. Then it will ask for a code. I think it first asks you to set up a code, then you will have to put it in to pair.

If you needed this help and you get that far, but can't get farther, let me know and I'll pair my devices again to see the steps past that.