Touch to Touch wifi music transfer..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rawd, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I posted this at the end of the "send song" thread, but I am afraid no one saw it.....

OK. I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!! sorry for the caps! excited I have two 1.1.1. ipod touches. I just updated to the latest version of sendsong AND sendfile. On one ipod, go into sendfile, and tap on "scan"... On the other ipod go into sendsong, pick your song, and tap "share song", your song will go into the other ipods var/root/media/documents folder! You can listen to it right away!. It is in the "funny name" format as well. I also tried moving an i-Tunes purchased song, and it transferred without a problem.

EDIT: It seems to transfer songs about 50% of the time. The other half of the time one, or both ipods crash. I also tried sending a full movie .... it crashed after about 10 minutes.

It seems it is uses my pc router to transfer the files....which kind of sucks because.... I thought it was ad-hoc.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The app DropCopy works 100% of the time and is much easier to use. You can send pretty much anything (protected songs and videos, apps,..)
  3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, I like DropCopy, very nice UI
  4. MrWang

MrWang New Member

Just curious on how you got dropcopy to work? I have 2 ipod touchs and i sent a song visa dropcopy and the other recieved it , but when i go into dropcopy on the one that i recieved it i dont know where to put it to be able to use it. Any help is appreciated!
  5. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

I talked to him on msn, he said anywhere just use send file to play it after...
  6. alwaysinsession

alwaysinsession New Member

Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread. So we can send any file, no matter what, wirelessly? How does the iPot know which wireless device to send to? What source is this under and where can I get it?
  7. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Send file is just in there... Its a default source i believe... I and not 100% sure but I believe if both touch's are running "send file" then they will connect... so if you click scan it will scan the other ipod's "Download's" folder..

Need some extra cash? Click my sig...
  8. monumentum

monumentum New Member

but it don't work without an acces point wifi?
  9. Chaoguy

Chaoguy New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Okay, I have a .m4a file from islsk that im trying to move to my computer with dropcopy. When i hit the blue arrow, dropcopy crashes immediately. Help please.
  10. mkkuntz8

mkkuntz8 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    way to bumb a 7 month old thread..btw ur new so welcome