touch thinks it's iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maniacc, Nov 18, 2007.

1. maniacc

maniacc New Member

my ipod touch has been jailbroken. while my friend was surfing the internet with touch, he installed a program and i don't know what he did. Now, my ipod touch thinks it is iphone and searching any gsm system.

the screen writes " Waiting for activation, this may take some time. " and all menus,programs, games disabled. my pc, itunes can't recognize ipod. Force to restore isn't working. what can i do ?
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thats why you dont let idiots use your stuff...
  3. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

This is so true but this is also why you come to this forum not to get FLAME but for
    help !

is there a way to turn the searching any gsm system search off.

not sure but can you ftp your touch still ?
    can try to ftp and replace all folders with folders from some one that has a touch
    that is functioning correctly .

if force restore doesn't work or connecting to itunes doesn't work what do you have to lose.
    if you decide to sell let me know would be interested .
  4. maniacc

maniacc New Member

how can i enter into ipod via ftp ? which program should i use ?
  5. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

first have you tried this yet http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305797

also did you read this at the bottom of post here that gives steps on how to force restore
    touch

****If iTunes comes up with an error you may want to try a. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes or b. restoring on a different computer.****

give this a try again

ftp may not work as you say eveything is wait on activation , but wont hurt to try will get info and post back.

pretty much a NoOb myself but i know what is like to need help and not get it so bare with me

EDIT: here this is a guide that will show you how to install and setup WINSCP which allows you to transfer
    files via wifi to your touch can give it a try , but like i said may or may not work

guide http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978

best beat may be seeing if unistalling itunes and reinstalling itunes or trying another pc as suggested above will get touch restored
  6. maniacc

maniacc New Member

WINSCP doesn't work because i don't know what ipod's IP is ( i said, all programs disabled and can't open ). I've tried 5-6 IPs but didn't work. I uninstalled itunes and reinstalled the new version but nothing changed

Please Register or Log in to view images

there is one chance for restoring, it is trying another pc .. I will go and find new pc now and will try .. thanks for your help