Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Touch Screen won't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hoodstar53, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Isn't that the only thing that should work? Lol. And tbh, I think your screwed :(
  2. MyWinterFirefly

MyWinterFirefly New Member

I Have A Fix

Exactly the same happened to me. I opened my e-mail and the touch screen wouldn't work. I tried to restart but of course I couldn't because the touch screen wasn't working to slide it across. So then I looked on the internet and found you could restart it WITHOUT the touch screen.

All you have to do is hold the power button and home button until an apple logo appears (It's only about 10 seconds) After that mine worked fine. It is a bit slow the first after you restart it but everything works.

I hope this helps everyone and good luck! :)
  3. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    or maybe your springboard plist as crashed or something, restore or try ^^ technique
  4. We're screwed

You're screwed dude. Same thing happened to me, and I have valuable info in there. On the notes I have songs that I wrote that are very good and have emotional meaning about someone. Now its all gone. And everything else.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Stick ur ipod in rice for about 3days-a week and that will absorb all the water
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I also have a problem with my ipod my ipod work but the screen won't work.
    i cant slide the thing or touch any buttons either !!
    What do i do???
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ipod stuck on slide to power off screen

my touch screen was not responding, so i tried to turn it off and it got me to the slide to power off and cancel screen. my touch screen continued to be unresponsive. so i pressed the home button and the on/off button at the same time, and it worked.
    Dimtastic likes this.
  8. helloevery1

helloevery1 New Member

same same

I have had almost the same problem as previously posted. I recieved this ipod touch from a friend... It didnt work (in respects to pretty much all of it) half of the touchpad didn't work, couldn't slide to open and couldn't press buttons. I ended up forcefully restoring it. This worked for around one night, the next morning I went on a long-as bus trip and the touchscreen stopped working again. I reset it almost 50 times, then got pissed and left it alone. Upon arriving at the location the ipod fixed it's-self. Now it mainly works, i just can't press 'i' on my keyboard. I'm thinking it is water damage but friend doesn't think so and i havn't gotten water anywhere near it. Waranty is out so apple is no good. I'll try the silica and rice ideas previously suggested but not verry hopefull. Lolz good luck to every1 and thanks for the ideas.
  9. FoxxyNeko

FoxxyNeko New Member

Argggz

my ipod wasn't turning on yesterday at all so i put it on my charger all night and when i pressed the home button it woke up so to speak, it told me it wanted to be plugged into itunes so i did but now it wont sync and it's unresponsive to my touch and my warranty is expired.
    what should i do? :(
  10. hartscreeker101

hartscreeker101 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod

My ipod touch screen will NOT let me slide it. I haven't had it near any source of water or anything wet, what may be the reason? Can anyone help me? I have tried restoreing the ipod and it did not work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.