Touch Screen won't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hoodstar53, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoodstar53

hoodstar53 New Member

The touch screen on my ipod touch doesn't work. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've already sent it to Apple, but the said they found water damage(stupid water indicator), so that's outta the question. What should i do? Please help me
    warsame likes this.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

not much you can do if apple already said no
    but stick a q-tip full of alcohol and stick it in the 3.5 mm headjack and that should get rid of the pink water paper thing
  3. hoodstar53

hoodstar53 New Member

aight man,but i've tried the q-tip thing and the tip doesnt fit in....should i trim it? and how much?
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

trim it until it fits in
    i don't know i've never tried it
  5. hoodstar53

hoodstar53 New Member

6. alfdj

alfdj New Member

Hello.
    I know this post is a bit old, but i had the same problem with the screen. Guarantee doesn´t cover the wet was inside my ipod, and now the screen doesn´t work. I can repair it buying the parts from here: parts4ipods.com
    Where u can buy the screen or the Screen Digitizer with Glass Panel ( the top part of the screen).
    But i,m not sure what i have to but.
    Could you repair yours? Where was the problem of the screen?
    Thank you
  7. ChaoticCarey

ChaoticCarey New Member

I just got my ipod touch yesterday and the touch screen isn't working. it didn't get wet and it didn't fall. the touch screen isn't responding, it's like stuck on the part where the screen says 'Slide to power off' but i can't slide it. what's wrong with it?
  8. iklpo9

iklpo9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah the exact same thing happened to me. I don't know when you last posted that one, but it's stuck on the power off screen because it like wouldn't slide to unlock so I held the power button, but now I guess I'm screwed, eh?
  9. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    send it back to apple and request a new one.
  10. matt_downs123

matt_downs123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have had the same problem, everything seems to work perfectly on my ipod except the touch screen. I have tried almost everything, putting my ipod in a bag of rice, I even opened up a bunch of silica gel sacks and put my ipod in a bag of those for 3 days, but nothing seems to work. I read something on another forum that someone had the same symptoms and replaced their digitizer, only to find that it wasn't the digitizer that was the problem. My warranty has expired so there is no chance of sending it back to apple. Please help!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.