touch screen wont work :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by icecubed, Jan 19, 2009.

1. icecubed

icecubed New Member

Hi guys ...

i have a non jail broken ipod touch 1st gen with firmware version 2.0 .. i just ran out of my warranty.. and now my ipod 'touch' wont recognize any 'touch' .. it stays at the lock screen and i cant do anything .. after a while it just dims and goes blank ..

the hardware buttons work .. as in single press of the home button wakes up .. long press gets me the music controls in the lock screen and i can even reboot and stuff using the lock button on top ..

i used to have this problem of unresponsive to touch for a while now .. it started with having to really slowly drag the lock slider .. to activate it .. and then i after a few days i had to restore the ipod to get it working again .. this used to happen in like a weeks interval .. so i took it to the apple store and told them about it .. all they did is restore the ipod and give it back to me .. which i could also have done .. and the same problem repeated itself in a weeks time ..

but now even a restore doesnt work .. it is stil unresponsive after like restoring it a couple of times. now since my warenty is over and i dont have the apple care thing i am afraid the apple fellow will charge me to do anything on my ipod ..

Please Register or Log in to view images

has anyone come across such a problem .. i tried going through the forum to find simillar threads but all of them just said a restore should do the trick ..

i also have to point out that i havent jail broken the ipod .. just because i was afraid i would do something of this sort to it .. and the ironic part is that all this hoopla started right after i installed version 2.0 of the firmware .. after paying for the thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

... arrrghh !!

any help is welcome ...
  2. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I'm having a very similar problem to this and was wondering if anyone has any advice?

My ipod touch first gen is "stuck" on the SLIDE TO POWER OFF screen because it is unresonsive to touch. I can't push cancel or anything. The home button still works because I can bring up the music controls.

Please help!
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First of all, Don't bump threads this old.

Second, have you tried holding home and power until your iPod reboots?
  4. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thanks for the advice , I didn't realize you could do that without forcing it into restore mode... WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS WORKED! I FEEL LIKE A NOOB BUT AM GREATLY RELIEVED!
  5. annessie25

annessie25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aw): My iTouch Wont Respond To Touch Either,
    But That Was After I Dropped It In The Toilet,
    Any Help?