Touch screen sensibility problem related to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by disillusion, Nov 15, 2007.

1. disillusion

disillusion New Member

Yesterday I performed a jailbreak on my iPod touch, everything seemed to be in order until the iPod started to act strangely: Pressing on the screen is not working as intended (other areas than touched are being active), the screen itself shakes and gliches like weird. I was searching for other users who might have the same problem but currently it seems like I am the only one.

As I haven’t seen this before I am not sure if it is related to the jailbreak, does anyone experience similar behavior on the iPod touch after the jailbreak? Or is it just a defective unit?
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well if you have the time maybe you can restore your ipod touch to an official firmware and see if you still have this screen problem. that should give an idea about the origin of the problem.
  3. disillusion

disillusion New Member

I already did that, generally it runs fine but occasionally I do have problems with the built-in digitizer - characters like c, v, f, and g tend to stop reacting now and then, however, I will get a replacement unit for that problem.

I just wanted to ask if there are any clues that jailbreaking may have an influence on the touch screen sensibility (although it seems very unlikely).
  4. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I jailbroked my ipod with 1.1.1 firmware and I never had any problem with the screen.
    so if you also have the same problem with official firmware, you better replace your ipod.
    There is really few chances that the jailbreak processus brick your ipod screen.
  5. disillusion

disillusion New Member

Yes, I think so, after all it is just a software-modification, thank you!