Touch Screen Scratch (large picture warning)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XsuperflyX, Nov 21, 2007.

1. XsuperflyX

XsuperflyX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here is a scratch on my touch it is small and doest affect the sensors (I can still feel it).
    I got some new pictures up. You can see it with glare and it looks like a permanent grease streak.
    Kinda hard to see but here it is.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. XsuperflyX

XsuperflyX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    whats the best stuff to remove the scratch. I dont know how it got there, I always keep it in the an empty pocket, I got a cover from DX but as yall know that takes forever. I thought it was harder to scratch otherwise i would have picked one up from the mac store.
  3. w0mbat

w0mbat New Member

my touch has a scratch on the screen too.

It's about 1cm long and I haven't got a clue how it happened as I'm pretty careful with it and it's never been in a pocket with anything but the headphones.

It doesn't bother me too much (it only really shows on a black background under bright lights) but everyone should be aware that it's not that difficult to scratch it...... so be careful!
  4. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

There's an anti-glare coating on the glass, but I assumed that it was between the glass and the screen. I don't believe there is anything that can take that scratch out and I wouldn't even suggest some of the old standby's like using toothpaste which worked great on my old iPods (plastic screen not glass). I suggest getting a screen protector if you're prone to scratching things like these.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Those pictures are way too big and the reflection makes the scratch to hard to see, I can sort of see the scratch but I think you are out of luck if you are trying to get it out.
  6. Elric

Elric New Member

Yeah, I couldn't see the scratch, resize the picture and maybe circle where it is... or crop the rest of the picture out showing us just the scratch instead of the whole thing.

As for removing a scratch, no idea, does it affect the "touching" in any way, like when you rub over it does the screen still register you are touching it? Or does it do a bit of a "jig" like you removed your finger for a split second...
  7. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

How did you possibly scratch that?

I took a fork to mine and stabbed it and scraped it and still nothing!

This is such a dissappointment, I was so reckless before and now I'm going to be paranoid!
  8. touchman87

touchman87 New Member

if u can get better pics cuz its kinda hard to see
  9. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People don't notice it usually, but yes, you can scratch it. Depending on the right conditions, if its warm, you have keys in your pocket, etc. It can still scratch. Its just small and nearly unnoticable, but it is there. There is nothing to take out that scratch, but if it is unnoticable when you look at it normally, I wouldn't mind. Now, if the unit is off, and there is a blatant scratch on the screen that you can see, then I would freak.
  10. XsuperflyX

XsuperflyX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Those are the best pics I could get, I tried different settings but with the lighting in my room it was the best i could get. To give you an idea, it is N shaped about a cm with two deep parts on the scratch. I also added to the first post.

The scratch is unnoticeable most of the time. When I am using some apps it distorts words or picture alittle. But it is too small to affect the senors.

I have been waiting on the screen protector, after seeing some of the videos with people trying to scratch theirs I thought I would be fine but I was wrong.

I really don't know how it got there I really don't do anything out of the usual.