Touch Screen Problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjx, Oct 25, 2007.

1. sjx

sjx New Member

Hello everyone.

I posted a thread a while back about my hacked Touch having weird issues where it would freeze up and not respond to my touching for a minute or so. Well, I reformatted so I wouldn't have to deal with that anymore, but it seems the issue is still haunting me, albeit at a lesser degree.

After a lot of playing around with things, I've found out something new about it all. It isn't that the Touch is just being slow or has too many open apps or somesuch... It's the screen itself. The home button and sleep buttons respond immediately, even when the touch screen is acting up. I've also found that the issue isn't time-based (i.e. it is unresponsive for x amount of time), but it's something else... If I touch the screen in various places very quickly, it seems to suddenly realize that I want to use it and stops its unresponsiveness. This sort of makes me think I've got an issue with the Touch itself. I've never dropped it or anything... until earlier today, that is. As I was picking my jacket up off of the floor, the Touch tumbled out of a pocket and made a 1ft fall onto some tile, landing on the touch screen side. I've not had any unresponsiveness issues since the drop...

I'm going to keep messing around with it to see if it starts acting up again, but I'm curious to know if others are experiencing any similar issues.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I've not had issues like this. If you can take it back and get a new one, I would do that.
  3. Plastic_Calfornia

Plastic_Calfornia New Member

Touch Screen

I am having the identical problem, my touch worked fine for the first 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden the same problem you are havng started on mine. I restored it via itunes and it worked fine for another week then same problem again. Restored again but no improvement now. I bought my ipod direct from apple uk .com, There aftersales halp is totally shambolic. Call centres in India, given a case number gotta go to my neares apple store 50 miles away. Might have a problem replacing it due to the fact i got it personalised. Last time i buy an ipod. Whats the point.
  4. sjx

sjx New Member

Hm, I'd hate to have to go back and try to get it replaced because I might end up getting a refurb, but... I just may have to. It's gone back to messing up again, even though it isn't very often. Way too annoying to just deal with, though.
  5. francis

francis New Member

I bought my iPod Touch on the 8th (just three weeks ago) and now I'm experiencing this very same problem, even after multiple restores/recovery mode. Home/Sleep buttons work but the touch screen refuses to work every so often. This is very annoying when i'm using it in the car.

Similar problems are also discussed here and here in the Apple forums. I really hope this is only a software issue, and can be fixed by an update. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with their touch screens?

**UPDATE** After 2-3 restores, the iPod appears to be working normally again. it has been jailbroken through jailbreakme.com, but no iPhone apps have been installed.