Touch Screen Problem !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lhewett, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Lhewett

Lhewett New Member

Hello,
    I have had trouble with my 16gb 2nd gen ipod touch. Whilst using the device the touch screen would stop working after 2-5 seconds of the screen being on. To fix it i press the sleep/wake button on the top twice. However, this has become very irritant after 3 weeks and im sure it doesn't do any good to the screen flickering on and off. I have done restores to the device 4 times to try and fix it and restarted it many times but they have not succeeded. So if there is anyway to fix it without sending it off to apple and having to pay to get it fixed please help me.

Lhewett =]
  2. msami4

msami4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it jailbroken ?
  3. Lhewett

Lhewett New Member

no. does that affect it?
  4. msami4

msami4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It can in a way.Because I was having the same issue with my 3G iPod touch when I jailbroke with Spirit.Cydia and other applications used to get hanged and the iPod wouldn't respond for a few minutes then until I would press the Home button or the power button.

Then I did a complete restore, and downloaded a fresh copy of Spirit jailbreak and jailbroke my iPod again.Ever since then, have had no issues.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Since you are not jailbroken and restore is not working for you, the only option left is to take it to Apple store :O
  5. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if it is still under the warranty then take it back to apple store and get a refund/replacement. if you got a complete refund on it you could use the £280 (GBP, obv will be different if your in USA) that you paid for it and use it to buy a new iPod Touch 3G 32GB with £50 change (again sorry if your in USA, but never the less a new iPod will still be cheaper). if you have jailbroken then update/restore it to get rid of the jailbreak and then take it back - Apple will NOT accept it if it is jailbroken - jailbreaking instantly voids your warranty!
  6. Lhewett

Lhewett New Member

its not under warrenty

Please Register or Log in to view images

do you know how much it would cost to repair ?
  7. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not sure.. you could take it into your nearest Apple store, explain the problem and ask them if they can fix it and ask if there is a repair charge. That's probably your best bet. One more suggestion though - plug it in, back everything up and slowly work your way to settings and completely restore your iPod's settings and files. If after that the problem is still there type in "ipod touch 2g screen keeps freezing" or something similar into Google or YouTube. I have briefly looked on youtube and other people have the same problem, maybe someone on youtube can be of more assistance.
  8. Lhewett

Lhewett New Member

Ok will do.
    Thanks for the help

9. MarkWhittle

MarkWhittle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No problem, and if you could get your money back in full for it I highyly reccomend buying a 32GB iPod Touch 3G

10. Lhewett

Lhewett New Member

Been a week now and i have sent it off for repairs at ukipodrepairs.. They prodvide an excellent service and returned my ipod in three days. However, my ipod is still broken.. i have a broken logic board.. i have contaced apple before i sent it off for repair and they said i can have £54 off a 32g ipod touch 3g.. We contacted them after knowing i have a logic board problem and they cannot give us a cheaper offer on it.. So i was wondering do you think £180 on a 32gb 3g ipod touch is good or do you think that we should try and get it cheaper.. I thought id keep you posted as you helped me