touch screen not working right.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mike83, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mike83

Mike83 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Last night I installed Summerboard, and had a look at a few themes all was well.

This morning I thought to myself "I'll try that other one, customize" and without thinking installed it without removing summerboard first. I turned my touch off, turned it on again, and it was flashing between two screens or had white lines flashing up and down the screen. once it gets past that, it seems to be normal. I can start an app. This is when the touch screen stops working, once the app loads (any app) i can't use the touch screen, and have to use the home button to exit.

How can I fix this? I can't just go into installer and uninstall customize and summerboard, as the touch screen isn't working, so i can't click "uninstall"

Hope someone can help.
  2. gradu

gradu Banned

i had the same problem too and fixed it
    i as on the net on it tho, and i couldn't move anything, the clock was working lol ^^
    any way i was on 1.1.2 not 1.1.1 or 1.1.3, IT WAS 1.1.2
    i plugged it into my PC, and re-ran the jailbreak (the one that is like a cmd) i let it do that, then when it finished, it restarded my ipod and it worked fine, with all by apps and music and vids =]

so :
    1) plug in ipod into PC
    2) run the 1.1.2 jailbreak
    3) let it finish and restart
    4) DONE!

if it helped add rep plz

Please Register or Log in to view images

gradu / mildawg
  3. Mike83

Mike83 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had to use the wifi way of jailbreaking as Its a 32GB one and ziphone doesn't work with it, I also have 1.1.3
  4. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

I wouldn't recommend using jailbreaks on the 32GB. I don't think it is supported for the 32GB. But that's just my opinion. I had the same problem on my 8GB touch but I restored it and it was fine.