touch screen not responding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zoso, Sep 2, 2009.

1. zoso

zoso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Am new here and hoping you guys can give me some advice. Then again am new to the ipod touch having just owned a ipod video in the past.

Was given an ipod touch (2nd gen) recently with the touch screen not responding. Being the sort that isn't normally put off by such minor inconveniences I ordered a new digitizer off eBay, cracked it open and replaced digitizer. Now I've not yet snapped it back together but the touch screen is still not responding. Have tried restoring/dfu but still no joy. Any other suggestions ?

Cheers
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Everything connected properly?

I saw another thread that pointed to an "iPod touch 2G Repair Guide".
    Ill try to search it and then give you the link?

What did you use to crack the screen open?
    And post some pictures of how its connected and stuff.
    I might be able to point out a flaw.
  3. zoso

zoso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah - everything appears to be connected properly in so far as I can tell. The only connection I've been near is the one for the digitizer itself - haven't gone tampering with the rest of it yet (and reluctant to do so if it's not necessary).

Used the tools that came with the new digitizer to open it up - spudgers I think they're called ? Watched a few of the youtube videos, etc.. on this before attempting it as wanted to be sure I wasn't going to do more damaged. Carefully ran the tools down the side between the plastic frame (under digitizer) and the back to release the catches along the way. No major issues with that - all seemed to go according to plan.

Will post up some pics later if I get a chance.
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, please do.
  5. zoso

zoso New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pic attached

Please Register or Log in to view images

Am wondering if this may have been opened before ? In particular I'm looking at the copper foil to the top right of the screen - it's not all smooth and flat like you'd normally expect on a new device ?

Thanks
  6. jvwarrior

jvwarrior New Member

Hate to Bump something over 1 year old, but I am having the same exact problem. I replaced my Digitizer but before I snapped it into place I tested it and it seems to be unresponsive. It worked only a little, the slider worked, and the number 0 worked when it told me to input my password. After that, nothing. It's aggravating. Zoso, yes it has been open before. I also replaced my LCD and my foil looks like that too since I had to peel it back.
    Thanks to whoever can help me out with this.
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Zoso hasn't been active for about a year, please dont bump.