Touch Screen Non Responsive after Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stevewright, Jan 28, 2010.

1. stevewright

stevewright New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys..

I recently replaced my battery on my 2G iPod touch and although it took a while due to my lack of skil with the soldering iron and not having a mag tip screwdriver i got it back together and plugged it in. To my suprise it looked like id done a good job, it detected the dock and started charging. I went to unlock it and ofcourse.. nothing.

It appears the entire touchscreen is now not working and im not sure what i may have done during the process to do this?

Any techies out there who could tell me how i could possibly fix this (as simply as possible) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Take it apart again to make sure you reassembled and plugged everything back in properly and didn't damage any components or cables...
  3. stevewright

stevewright New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im not sure what im looking for.. what would stop the touchscreen from working?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah poo...

It looks like the ribbon on the right of the screen has half ripped. Im assuming this is the issue however im sure i have only just damaged that trying to find out whats wrong. What part am i now going to have to buy?