Touch screen doesnt work in apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by immortal7792, May 15, 2008.

1. immortal7792

immortal7792 New Member

Sometimes. not all the time when i start up my ipod i can go through the springboard no problem but once a launch an app the touch screen doesnt seem to work. then when i go back to the springboard it works but then touch goes off if i launch another app. Then if i try to lock it it goes to the lock screen however instead of shutting off the screen it only turns off the LED. and i can see the lock screen in lock mode. wtf. can someone please help me with this. thanx
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow your ipod's one of the most f***ed up ipod i've ever seen lol
    i don't know what to suggest you since it has nothing to do with you jailbreaking, but the hardware fault (maybe)
  3. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have Caterpillar and Dock installed?
    These two apps conflict with each other and cause this problem.
    Eliminate one.
  4. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try khold's post, and if that doesn't work, just hard reboot.
  5. Twilight Thorn

Twilight Thorn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That happened to my iPod once. All I had to do was hard reboot like SeeFreaky said.
  6. suspartan028

suspartan028 New Member

i Have the same problem and it has happened a couple of times. I have docks but no caterpillar and when i try to reboot the thing it keeps going itno the stupid screen i need help to

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit: all you have to do is ssh into your ipod and take out docks
  7. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you have this problem, just uninstall dock. If you want to keep dock, download this app called respring or killboard to bring back "touch".
  8. markdamore

markdamore New Member

yay, i love this problem. only way to make it go away for good is restore. Uninstalling wont do crap. Changing n45ap wont do anything. i have this problem, so i just dont turn my ipod off.
  9. D3R_0N

D3R_0N New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I had the same Problem...
    I rebooted some times (hold the home and power button) an it worked again

10. anthonyalvernaz

anthonyalvernaz New Member

Hello all, I just had, and fixed this problem so I thought i might share..Last night at arround 11PM I set up a playlist on itunes and but the ipod next to my a fell asleeplistining to it. I woke up today arroud 6am to find my itouch had tunred compleatly off. I found this weird since the list had 35 songs and the bat was full. Ok, weird, but I didt think muh of it since its happened in the past. I turned the toch on, wated for the apple logo to dissapear and see that lovly little slide to unlock screen. I slid it and went to the springboard and I could fly through the ages of apps i had. I went to go open one an SUPRISE! I couldnt schrool nor tap. Once I hit the homescree it worked again! and doubple tpig home button brought u on screen music onctrols which also worked but not the actual music app. I rebooted about 3 ties only to find that it diidnt help at all! Finally I read a thred about hard bootingt and I decded to give it a try. I held down the two buttons but i instead got the slide to trn off so I decided to give that a try. I turned it off and left it off for 15min ad im hapy to say it all works now

hope this helps