Touch says storage space is full, but its not.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by impreziv, May 29, 2008.

1. impreziv

impreziv New Member

hi everyone

i have a 32gb Ipod Touch with v1.1.4 firmware. jailbroken using iLiberty. i have used about 12gb of space on the disk, and now it is saying it is out of space when i am using some programs.

also i used iTunes last night to upload about 600mb of mp3s, and it let me upload most of them and then near the end it is saying it is out of space.

i have a suspicion it is because i jailbroke it after i loaded about 10gb of music on it (jailbreaking instructions say to do a fresh restore and then jailbreak, but i ignored that).

im at work, when i get home tonight im going to do a restore, rejailbreak using iLiberty, and then load it up with mp3s. im going to fill it to its full capacity of mp3s, just to test it out (lol i have 38gb in pink floyd mp3s alone).

anyone experience the same problem? any thoughts?
  2. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ...u need to install bosstool... ur ipod should have like 2 hardrives and the one with the apps is like 300 mb and the other is the rest of the space (ur other 32 gigs), im thinking that wen u download apps. bosstool will move ur stuff to the big one not the little. its says like running out of disk space...delete some pics and stuff....
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    They are called partitions
  4. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was tired... Did it work.
  5. Apple Freak

Apple Freak Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, I have the same problem before. But after I install BossTools, and after I relocate the three categories, no Applications work!!

So I restart my iPod, it just won't go into spring board!! It just shows a spin ball on top of the Apple logo. So I just force my iPod into restore mode and restore it.

Conclusion: Don't use BossTools on 1.1.4, I think it's because of the Permission problems
  6. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)