Touch Quick Question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cknight88, Jan 13, 2008.

1. cknight88

cknight88 New Member

I absolutely love my 16Gb iPod Touch, and wouldnt give it up for the world!!! I love it soo much i'm considering buying an iPhone to replace my current Nokia E65.

But i have a question about safari on both devices... I cannot seem to access my Online banking through its browser. I know this is a shrunk down version of the original safari app, but i was wondering if someone could explain to me in lehmans terms why it is not possible!? I was told it was to do with secure pages!?

Also would it be possible for the support of this sites to be included in a future firmware update!?

Thanks for any responses
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I think it has less to do with secure pages (which I believe mobile Safari supports) and more to do with what your bank's interface is constructed with. If it uses Flash, Java, or any other unsupported client-side scripting language, then it probably isn't going to work. I would call your bank to find out if they have a special mobile banking section of their website. Many banks offer that.
  3. cknight88

cknight88 New Member

Thanks, I didnt realise banks offer these pages! Is there any chance of apple incorporating these "interfaces" in future updates?! It seems to be what everybody is after!
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Support for Flash or Java is possible, but questionable in that they are both relatively slow scripting languages, so performance may be suboptimal on the Touch and iPhone. To the best of my knowledge there are currently no plans for an official port of Java to the Touch/iPhone platform, and while there's lots of talk about Flash, I have heard nothing about Adobe or anyone else planning to port it either. Flash Lite is a possibility, though, but it won't support online flash games or animations done with Flash versions newer than (IIRC) Flash 5.
  5. cknight88

cknight88 New Member

Thanks very much, very informative!
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Might want to talk to your bank. Many are starting to offer mobile versions like Bank of America and Chase.