Touch Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Atari26003, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Atari26003

Atari26003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, Before this point, i dispised apple, i wouldn't go near anything but their bubble macs and the vintage PCs ( I love vintage computing btw) Uhm i asked for an ipod touch for christmas, theres a 75% chance at it, not bad actually, but it will be an 8 GB,

im completely new to apple products/warrenties/ etc

I come from the world of sony with the PSP, mine is modded beyond belief, casing, Internal soft mods, roms, isos. you name it,

I would like to know how unstable these things are so i know if it be alright if i can mess with few things ( minor things because i need my music) I want few emulators, ( NES & gameboy color if they have) i wouldn't mind a C64 or Vic20 Emulator, I have cassette tapes of actual data i use on them.

Uhm can i have a breif rundown on how these work lmao, i mean i never turned one on because i've only seen through windows. What sort of programs do they got? I know its a music and web browser thats why I am getting it. I check my emails & listen to tunes.

im on a bit of a rant! sorry. but yea, any basics here? like things I SHOULD know?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You can use the NES and game boy emulator.
    Stock apps are Safari(Web), YouTube, Contacts, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Settings, Music, Videos, Photos, iTunes Wi-Fi Store.

You can install tons of stuff like iSolitaire, iPhysics, NEs and GBA emulators.
    From what I can gather, the iPod touch mods are pretty stable.
    Jailbreaking does void your warranty, but it doesn't seem you're pretty concerned with that xD
    If you need jailbreaking guides to see how complicated it is you can go to

http://spoonforknife.googlepages.com
  3. Atari26003

Atari26003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow really? so you mean if i put on an emulator my warrenty is void?
    Jailbreak is a new term to me apologies

Is there a way to reflash entire memory to like adefault wiping all programs off?
    i can usually hide things to make it look like its under warrenty still,
    i've done it with the Gamecube & PSP
    I modded my gamecube with LEDs and etc and being the first system i did i messed it up,
    well I undid the mods very gently sent in and i got replacement under warrenty
    :}
  4. spoonforknife

If you jailbreak (install extra apps) your warranty is void. But if you restore, (press and hold wake and home) your warranty is "magically" back, as long as you are a good person and don't tell them you jailbreaked.

Obviously installing Roms on an emulator is illegal, and so is installing iPhone apps.
  5. Atari26003

Atari26003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Technically your legally allowed to own a rom if you have the cartridge and the emulator if you have the system,
    So seeing as i own over 100 NES games i can have legal 100 + roms without copywrite my butt anywhere wouldn't it mean?
    I apologize for questions and im appreciating your answers greatly
  6. spoonforknife

yeah, if you have those, it's legal.
  7. Atari26003

Atari26003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YES *jumps up*
    lol i must convince my mother then to buy me this !

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks SO much for your help! i WILL pm you if i get it haha.
  8. spoonforknife

you're welcome. I have yet to convince my parents to buy me this... Good Luck!
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

And I am yet to hear of a 32+GB iPod Touch. My goal is to be the FIRST on this site to oficially jailbreak a 2nd Gen Touch... Anyone wanna race me to it? lol
  10. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch