Touch Questions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoelManiac, Sep 25, 2008.

1. JoelManiac

JoelManiac New Member

I done a few searches and didn't find anything but i am sure these have been posted before so i am sorry.
    I have had a Nano 2nd Gen for the last couple of years or so and i need an upgrade because it was out of space a long time ago and other reasons. So i am thinking about a Touch 16gig but i have some questions.

1. What is the battery life like for videos? I imagine it is good for music on standby or whatever but what about videos? I doubt it is 6 hours?

2. My sister is probably going to get one and i don't know how the apps work. If i download ones will they go on both our Touches or is it like music where i can choose to sync or whatever?

3. Is album art required? A fair bit of my songs are from CDs so i don't have album art for all of them. Will i need it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is 300x300 a good size aswell?

4. Is this wallpaper i hear that you can set a background image on the main screen?

5. Can i delete apps and buttons off the main screen that are already there?

6. This is not really related to the Touch but i will ask here anyway. I know how to separate music into playlists but can i do the same to movies?

I also apologize if this is the wrong section.
    Thanks for any help.

2. pwn247

pwn247 New Member

1. I've never run videos all day on my iPod Touch so I wouldn't know.

Seriously though, unless you're playing nonstop videos, you should get a good 6-8 hours of time out of it.

2. When you download an app, either from the App Store on the device or from iTunes on your computer, it gets transfered over to your iTunes account. If you were to download an App from the device's App Store onto iPod 1, it will only download onto iPod 1. Your iPod 2 will not sync unless it's connected to a computer.

3. Nope. Album art isn't required.

4. The 'Springboard' (as I like to call it) houses all of your Apps (shows all the icons). The 'Welcome Screen' is what shows when you bring your iPod Touch out of it's sleep mode (pressing the little button on top to power off the screen, conserving battery). You cannot get a background behind your Springboard unless the iPod Touch is jailbroken, however the background shows up behind the Welcome screen. So you have a pretty picture when you turn it on.

5. The included Apps are not removable. However the "planted" Apps down there in the little dock are exchangeable, regardless of what App they are. So maybe you want to get rid of the iTunes icon down there are replace it with Safari.

6. There are no playlists for videos. How many videos are you going to watch?

3. JoelManiac

JoelManiac New Member

Thanks for your reply. I am not going to be watching heaps of videos i just don't want some of my sisters crap in mine.
  4. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

I just ordered my first Touch (my first Apple product, actually), the battery life I'm reading about is almost a dealbreaker. I'm used to "real" PMPs like the Cowon A2 (4" screen, ~10 hours of video) and since I'm sure the 6 hour video advertised is marked up by a significant amount, I don't think I'm going to like this.

Hopefully an external battery will be available evantually