touch Prices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spud_Muffin, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Spud_Muffin

Spud_Muffin New Member

Hello all. Im new here so be gentle.

I was just wondering...i have heard rumblings about the prospect of the iPod touch coming down in price innt he near future, but no certainty. I intend to get a 16GB touch next month and was wondering if it really would be worth my while holding out or it is all just guff? ANybody got some insider info? Cheers.
  2. sokolov1

sokolov1 New Member

The price of the iPod touch will not come down, and even if it does it will only be about 10-20$.

The reason : although the market price on all ipod/iphones is going down the retail price won't for the simple reason it would ruin the economy of the ipod market, ipod videos would have to go down in price to cater for the fact they're worse than an ipod touch and ipod nanos as a result would go down too.

Basically Apple will keep their retail price at a very similar price bracket to what it's already set at, other retail outlets may however lower the price of their ipod Touches simply to clear unwanted stock (i.e. to make way for the iPhone 3G).
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The reason that people suspect a price cut might be in the near future is that currently the 16gig iPhone costs the same as the 8gb iPod Touch.

However, with the 3G plan, it ends up being more expensive then the original iPhone so it isn't really a valid piece of "evidence." I don't believe a major price cut will be happening anytime soon.
  4. Spud_Muffin

Spud_Muffin New Member

OK thanks guys ill just go ahead and buy one when i get paid.