Touch Peeves

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jelly, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thanks to: keveeseeram, iAsian, rob2687, NickPod, comdrop9074, b1j4nt, blackzmage, tcq42, for submitting peeves.

This is where I am going to post all my pet peeves of the iPod touch that SHOULD be fixed in firmware updates. This is one of the sections that I will soon be posting weekly on my blog. Tell me your peeves you have, and tell me which firmware you use and which device you're using and I'll add it to the list! Start posting:

General Peeves: iPod Touch/iPhone
    -when people call an iPod Touch, an iTouch.
    -there should be a faster way to scroll pages.
    -takes too long to FULLY close an application
    -needs horizontal keyboard for apps that come with touch (Mail, Notes)
    -there's no cover flow on-off option
    -no spell check on-off option
    -hate it when cover flow activates when you lie down or tilt it slightly.
    -doesn't respond to tilting at times when it comes to cover flow. COVER FLOW ACTIVATE BUTTON NEEDED.

iPod touch 2G
    Any Firmware
    -the Safari menu bar (at the bottom) should be hidable.

2.2 Firmware
    -the quality of images that are saved via safari are terrible
    -when a site redirects you to a YouTube video, sometimes it goes to the YouTube app. When you're done the video,you press Done and it keeps you in the YouTube app. It should bring you back to Safari!
    -pressing the top bar brings you to the top. There should be a way to bring you to the bottom. Some webpages are long! (minor)

Jailbroken iPod touch 1G
    Any firmware:
    -very laggy. Crashes alot and unsaved data lost

2.2 Firmware
    -safari landscape keyboard crashes a lot
    -freezes for about 10 seconds
    -still TOO laggy
    -pressing an apps (not holding) makes them wiggle
    -booting takes frustratingly long

ALL MY PEEVES ARE FROM USING AN IPOD TOUCH 2ND GENERATION AND WITH 2.2 OFFICIAL FIRMWARE.
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    The whole idea of pressing the top bar is to bring you to the top thats been in the firmware since the ipod touch was out. (i do like the bottom page thing to, im not sure how they'd do that). The images you are saving are either small or your are saving a thumbnail or smaller version of the image. The youtube thing depends on how the video is put on the page. If you click a link (letters/characters) then it will take you to youtube.app. Whereas if the video is embedded into a page it will let you view the video in the youtube app and immediately take you back to mobilesafari.
  3. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    My biggest problem on a jailbroken iPod touch (no matter what firmware) is I experience unbelievable lag and crashes on Safari; it is quite annoying and will piss me off because when it is important that I'm doing on the iPod while not at home, I lose all the work thanks to the crash. My biggest pet peeve is when people call the iPod touch an iTouch... gets on my damn nerves. That's about it in a nutshell.
  4. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thanks for telling about the YouTube thing, but they could atleast make an option to send you back to Safari. well, that's just me being lazy. The top bar feature could work. If you press the right side, you go down. If you press the left side, up. I saved a 1800x1000 image and it was blurry
  5. rob2687

rob2687 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There should be afaster way to scroll pages. They should add a feature the scrolls faster when you drag along the right side of the screen. Kind of like in iTunes when you scroll through the list alphabetically.

Also minor thing but it should be a shorter amount of time that you have to hold the home button down to close an application. I would like to be something like 2 or 3 seconds. I know. It's minor but it kinda gets on my nerves.
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, thats huge, images that big usually causes photo app to freeze, i dont have the blurry problem, though.
  7. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    BUMP: Lets keep these posts going.
  8. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  9. comdrop9073

comdrop9073 New Member

Needs a Cover Flow on/ off option.
  10. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. Spell check... why can't I turn it off, whenever I try to write the name of something like a game or song it always corrects it horribly. It rarely works for me and I want it shut off. I hear you can get rid of it through ssh but it should have an on/off button under settings.

2. When coverflow turns on when your lying down or tilt it slightly its annoying.