touch newbie here... actually, ipod newbie here

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by uvhst3p, May 10, 2009.

1. uvhst3p

uvhst3p New Member

hey guys! just bought my very first ipod a couple of days ago. i got an ipod touch 2g 32gb. yup! very first ipod. i've been using sony players for years now and just had a change of heart. anyway, been fiddling around with it since i got it and i'm glad i bought it instead of the 4g nano, though sound in my sony player is still much better than the ipod's.

anyway, got a question here but i can't find the answer that could help me. so i have itunes at home, and itunes at the office. it says that i can only sync my ipod to one itunes and i chose to sync at home. my question now is, how do i transfer music from my ipod touch to my office pc without having to download third party applications? i have read some instructions over the net about the ipod appearing as a removable disk in "my computer" but it does not show even if i tick on the option to show hidden files and folders. can you help out? thanks a lot!

Please Register or Log in to view images

--edit:
    i ticked the manually manage music and videos but itunes won't let me drag music from my ipod to the itune's music library
    i also tried dragging music that are checked or unchecked from ipod's music to itune's music but still won't work
    i use the same account for my itunes at home and in the office
    i installed the same (latest) software at home and in the office
  2. iStainlezZ

iStainlezZ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just click manually manage music and videos in iTunes

also your sony player cannot compare to the things an ipod can do

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. uvhst3p

uvhst3p New Member

i already did that but itunes won't let me just drag music from my ipod to the itunes music library in my work pc

well, that's true plus the touch looks much cooler
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its probably because your separate computers' itunes aren't registered under the same itunes account
    you have to register your computers with the same itunes account in order to use your ipod with all of them

this option should be under the "advanced" menu
  5. uvhst3p

uvhst3p New Member

i used the same account and i installed the same (latest) software