Touch Never Syncs...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MTBPatriot, Oct 8, 2007.

1. MTBPatriot

MTBPatriot New Member

Hey everyone,

My iPod Touch has been working beautifully since I got it, but now it's starting to act up.. When I plug it in, it starts to charge but iTunes couldn't detect it.
    I tried to restart my computer, restart the Touch, restarting iTunes, all in different orders a few times, and no luck. This last time, I plugged it in and iTunes found it, but now it says "Syncing iPod Touch" indefinitely...

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone shine some light as to how to fix it?

Thank you much in advance, I really hope I don't have to take it back

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MTBPatriot

MTBPatriot New Member

Update

Well, I narrowed down the problem.

I restored to factory settings and only synced one part at a time. First music, then photos, etc.

When I got to photos it locked up when i selected syncing from my main "Pictures" folder, but it worked just fine when I synced from a folder INSIDE that same folder...
  3. coolzero

coolzero New Member

Remember that the default Pictures folder (assuming its a PC) has shortcuts to sample pics in it and that might be the issue as it does not know how to read shorcuts or pointers to other locations - that would explain why it works when you go to an isolated folder. The other guess may be a certain file type that it just not like a png, etc. I'm going to go with the shorcut to sample pics being the bad guy. Easy to test - remove it and see if it works.