Touch looses most apps with firmware 3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by cfnds, Jun 27, 2009.

1. cfnds

cfnds New Member

What am I doing wrong? I purchased iPOD Touch upgraded firmware to version 3 and now most of my apps do not load. I have chosen load all apps, but still only 2 or 3 load. I bought the damn thing to use one particular program and now it does not load.

The program I really want to use is Laurie Davis' Copilot but it does not load on my 16 gig touch or my wife's touch (32 gig).

Any suggestions.
  2. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait for the developer to update the app or downgrade to 2.2.1
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One

Shouldn't need too?

3.0 isn't a major frameworks change like 2.0 was with the introduction of the the App Store.

2.2.1 apps should work on 3.0.

OP: Have you tried restoring then re-syncing your apps?
  4. cfnds

cfnds New Member

Hi NBurnes, How does one restore one's apps? I see a restore for the entire iPod but not just the apps, is that what you are recommending? The messages one gets after choosing restore seem to suggest the iPod will be back to its factory settings. Does that mean firmware 3 thatt I paid for will be removed?

Aside from being a pain you know where, this is really confusing. I though Apple was supposed to be user friendly. If this stuff is any indication I will not be buying the Macbook I have been looking at.
  5. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, that's what he means, and no you will not lose your 3.0 update. and honestly, you'd rather go with a pc? lol. It's just that 3.0 has a few tweaks that makes certain apps not work completely. once all of them are updated to work with 3.0, you'll see how good it is.
  6. This is rather offtopic of me but still, why would problems with this one thing on your iPod touch turn you away from Apple products it doesn't make much sense to me, also Apple are user friendly.

Ontopic, however, all apps will eventually be 100% compatible with 3.0 and restoring does not mean you will lose 3.0. Yes restoring will reset your iPod to factory settings but if you have a backup of said iPod it will give you the option to restore from backup, once you have restored the iPod.
  7. ipodsorocks2

ipodsorocks2 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    erm, Did you buy those apps?