Touch keeps on going back to main menu

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RipRocK, Oct 10, 2008.

1. RipRocK

RipRocK New Member

My 2nd gen Touch with the latest firmware (obviously not jailbroken) keeps on going back to the main menu when I open any games or apps I downloaded from the AppStore. This doesn't happen with the apps which already came with my Touch, such as Safari, Calendar and etc.

I have reset my Touch a few times by pressing the ON/OFF button + Home Button together and holding it until it turned off and rebooted again. But the Touch still quits any app from the AppStore and goes back to the main menu.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What can be done to resolve this? Should I go back to the Apple Store and try to get a new one? My Touch is only about a week old.

I really don't want to restore my Touch if I can help it. It'll be a big hassle to get back to the way it was. Any suggestions, tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

I have Googled, but all suggested a reset method which didn't prove to be useful for me.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try restoring it. Also, by the main menu, do you mean the Home screen? (Black wallpaper with all the applications on it).
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Restore, or try DFU
  4. RipRocK

RipRocK New Member

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. Arrrrgh, I had hoped that I wouldn't have to restore it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry, DFU and how do you perform it? Thanks.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Try this first: remove all the applications from the Sync list in iTunes, then sync the iPod so those applications get deleted. Then plug your iPod in again, and sync all those applications onto your iPod, one at a time. Example: you have MobileFinder and AirSharing, so you sync MobileFinder first, then sync AirSharing afterwards by checking the box for it.