Touch is broken..what do I need to do? Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by king of casual, Apr 11, 2009.

1. king of casual

king of casual New Member

I have an 8 gb 1st generation ipod touch and basically...the whole top black part is shattered and i can see the inside, and the screen is partially unresponsive. Basically, the whole left side (Safar, Youtube, Clock, App Store, Music) won't respond when I click it, and is a hassle to turn it on/off. Anybody know what I can do about this?
  2. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you still have warranty then you can go to your local Apple Store and if not ... your stuffed you can go without pr just buy a new one. Is it jailbroken?
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you have no warranty,here' what you can do: Go to store of choice, proceed to iPod section, and purchase a shiny new iPod...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Seriously tho, I'd rather pay for a new unit than to have one that I can only half use... Is it just the glass that needs repaired? If so, you might be able to find some glass replacement kits. I have seen lots of these kits on eBay, but I have personally never done this. So, replace glass or new iPod.... You could of course (assuming no warranty) take it to Apple to repair, but they'll charge you almost as much as a new Pod will cost.
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

well he said that it somewhat unresponsive, so even if he gets it fixed, it might not solve the problem of the touchscreen. i guess you can try buying a new one.