Touch has blackscreen, not recognized by Itunes/Windows, etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by roguespear1011, Mar 26, 2009.

1. roguespear1011

roguespear1011 New Member

I don't know if there's anyone that could help me out with this. I apologize if this has been discussed anywhere already, but I searched and didn't see anything.

I jailbroke my Ipod Touch a few weeks ago. Up until tonight everything has been fine. Out of nowhere the Touch became unresponsive. First it was no longer seeing my wifi connection, then it showed I had no music, and finally it would not let me off the lockscreen (slider was unresponsive to touch).

Restoring to the original firmware seemed the best option so I did that, only now it is stuck on a blackscreen. Also, iTunes doesn't recognize that I have anything plugged in. Windows doesn't even recognize that there is an external device plugged in to the computer.

I've tried putting it into DFU mode. Is that my only option? Is that what will fix this? I just wanted to check before I spent awhile trying to do that successfully.

If anyone has any tips on how to get this thing working again I would really appreciate it. I know it's impossible to "brick" the iPod, but as of now I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go from here.
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah. Put it into DFU and restore.
  3. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you get "device not recognized" hold both buttons until "device not recognized" disappears. then release power and hold just home until you hear windows chime. your ipod will be in DFU. restore or rejailbreak.
  4. roguespear1011

I'm not getting anything that actually says "device not recognized", it's just not being recognized. Itunes doesn't see it, windows won't see it and I even ran the test that comes with the Libusb program and that didn't see it either.
  5. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    re install libusb (in compatibility mode if your on vista) and then try dfu again.
  6. roguespear1011

Thanks for the response. I tried that and I'm the iPod is still not being recognized by any program.

I also tried it on a different computer with the same results.
  7. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how long has it had a black screen. if its been awhile you may need to charge it for awhile. then try again later. you will also get a fresh start at it with a fresh mind.
  8. roguespear1011

Before this happened it was fully charged, so that shouldn't be a problem.

No matter how many times I try I can't get it into DFU mode. I'm fairly certain that I'm doing it right because I was successful when jailbreaking for the first time.

Is there any or tricks I'm missing or anything else I can do?

Again, thanks for your help.
  9. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Forget how many seconds your doing,

turn your speakers volume and just listen for the windows chimes
  10. saadasad

saadasad New Member

stuck in black screen on ipod touch

i locked my ipod as lock screen mode but it doesent turn on like i can unlock it its black no screen nothing i dont know what to do i dont wanna restore and this the second time and its jailbreaked and 2g