Touch hackable? If so, you'll find out with this.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by music4life, Sep 17, 2007.

1. music4life

music4life Active Member

Now I'm sure you've all heard of iPodWizard, if not, well i'll be blunt, You're slow! If you've had experience with hacking previous iPods you will know that every good iPod Modder should know where to get the latest firmware for iPods...now there is one of two choices....you can get it from apples official XML site for the firmware downloads....OR.... you can get it much easier from: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Now I can't test the firmware out with iPodWizard or other known iPod Modding techniques because i don't have an iPod Touch yet, but am expected to get one within the month, my suggestion woudl be for all those who have an iPod Touch to use this firmware to see if you can mod it like you can mod the iPhone using hex....or by using iPodWizard which does the work for you.... I also suggest that you make sure you have to copies of the firmware...one you're going to mod and one you're going to keep as back-up.

I hope this helps! Let me knoonw if you have any questions as am I VERY experienced with the hacking of previous Generation iPods

-idigth3mu5ic
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome, im glad you think you're sweet. no one else does.
  3. dawnraid

dawnraid New Member

ok you just said a whole bunch of BS, the iPot runs Os X not the old OS, ipod wizard wont do jack on the new ipod becuase it would need to be completly re written to support it, and it wouldnt be able to do anything any way becuase the firmware has not been dumped, re-hashed or even decrypted, plus the iPot needs to be jail broken (i knw) to gain root access. by the way the thing u said about modding it via hex is just as stupid as saying modding it by the frickn alphabet . ok biutch? dont try to act like mr. hacker man cuase u aint.
  4. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i tried ussing it with ipodwizard and its true it doesnt do anything at all, and stop tinking about yourself as a hacking king, you're not, I AM (lol), go back to iPW.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  5. faslane

faslane New Member

@dawnraid

DUDE, what is up your ass? You are freaking out on a guy just because he's trying to help hack into the iPod touch, calm the F-Down you moron, we're all in this together,

dipsh*t!

Faslane
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hey, welcome to the site. Unfortunately, the methods from the old iPods will not work with the touchs since they are based on the iPhone software.

Faslane makes a good point. Not everyone has the same level of knowledge and there is no need to start fighting with each other. Let's focus on getting these things modded

Please Register or Log in to view images

!
  7. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

exactly...completely agreed...we're here to help each other!
  8. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Agreed. We're all a team.
  9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

so maybe we should start researching? maybe we can start the process... who knows how to hack the iphone here? we might speed things up a bit
  10. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't have an iPhone so I won't be much help sorry! I'll try to help with other things as much as possible.